Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Solo Backpacking to Malaysia & Vietnam Part I

KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA


This is the 2nd time i spent my new year eve in Kuala lumpur (KL) Malaysia. From my province we only have direct flight to Kuala Lumpur so i kinda have to go there 1st if i wanna go to other countries. But it doesn’t matter i like it there, i met many amazing friends who took me to many nice places around KL.

So,,,on Dec 27th 2016 which was my 2nd time going abroad and i decided to go to Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, i had to transit in KL but after spending 4 amazing days in HCMC i flied back to KL to spent another 2 days of my vacation till January 1st 2017. So i arrived in KL on Dec 30th and a friend picked me up at the airport, his name is Paul and he was just super nice. He took me to KLCC Tower as our 1st destination, we just stayed there a lil bit cause it was too hot, just took few pictures and then we continue driving to KL Tower.



But before entering KL tower we entered the Upside down house. Actually i didn’t really plan to go to many places in KL, my target was only KLCC again and Batu Caves. But i went to more places than i expected and it was amazing. The upside down house is few steps away from KL tower. It is small and costs MYR 30 for adults (or MYR 15 -,-). But they have different price for foreigner i completely forgot how much since my friend paid for me. With how i look, i still could pretend to be Malaysian so i could use local entrance fee.  There are just few rooms in the house and since we were lack of imagination and creativity, we didn’t realy took many pictures with good poses -,-.




After Upside down house, we entered KL Tower and bought ticket to the skydeck so we could see the whole view of KL. Entrance fee for Malaysian is MYR 45 while for foreigner MYR 105 L. Couldn’t really pretend to be a Malaysian here since they asked for our Identity card L. KLTower itself is a 421 meters high and one of famous landmark located on the top of Bukit Nanas (Pineapple Hill). The view from the deck was just amazing. I couldn’t really take a good pictures since it was so many people and i had to wait for so long to get a turn to take pictures in a good spot -,-. KL Tower also offers Revolving Restaurant, i didn’t go tho, must be freaking expensive but must be great to be there :D.




After enjoying city view from KL Tower we continued to our next destination which was my target, Batu Caves. It was like 13 KM away and took about 30 minutes driving. Before we entered the cave we had lunch at the Indian restaurant near the caves. Actually i never really plan to climb the cave especially after few sleepless nights and all day exploring around, but it was my 1st time for my friend too so we decided to just climb those 272 steps. Trying to avoid those monkeys along the steps. In front of the cave there is a 42,7 m high statue of Murugan, a Hindu deity. Actually just wanted to take pictures in front of that statue but decided to climb the cave anyway.



Right when i entered the cave, there was a souvenir store and i was pretty surprised :D. The cave was big and there are some Hindu shrines, and since it’s one of the most iconic popular destination in KL so many tourists there. After exploring the cave i was pretty tired and wished i could stay at the cave instead of climbing down those hundred steps again but cause i gotta meet my host soon so we decided to go back to KLCC to meet my host.




Zul was being so nice to accompany me in KLCC till i met my host, Paul. So i stayed for 2 nights in Paul’s house in Rawang. He and his family were super nice for hosting me and they held a new year dinner with fireworks after. It was my 2nd time meeting Paul, i met him a year ago on last new year eve in KL. Last NYE i spent it alone at the hotel near airport and Paul was being nice for not letting me do that again. He wanted me to have a different and fun NYE experience. I’m so grateful  for that, i admire his kindness and sincerity.


Photo by Faisol
With Faisol
The next day Paul dropped me to train station ause i had to meet my friend in KL Sentral. It took about an hour to get to KL Sentral from Rawang by MRT. Actually i met 2 friends there, 1 was a friend i met when i traveled to Hatyai, Thailand before, we were a dorm-mate and became good friends after that, she just wanted to give me something and it was another amazing gift that i got during that trip. My other friend, his name is Faisol, is actually someone i’ve been online friends with for over 6 years. It was the 1st time we met in real life and as i always thought, he was so nice and friendly. He took me to Putrajaya to see Putra Mosque, we took express train then continue with Taxi to the Mosque. It is one of the most beautiful Mosque that can accomodate about 15,000 whorshippers at once.


Photo by Faisol
Photo by Faisol
For non-muslim they have to wear some kind of cloak. I’m Muslim but because i didnt wear hijab, they still asked me to wear the cloak which made me look like Harry Potter. We did Zuhr prayer and walked around the Mosque to take pictures, i felt weird to take pictures in a Mosque about it was a very normal thing to do there since it becomes 1 of the most famous tourists destination there. Btw the Mosque also provides free wifi, nice huh?

Faisol is a photographer, so he took a cool pictures of me around the Mosque. There is a lake next to the Mosque and a capitol building. We were only there for couple hours cause i gotta get back to my host’s house to get ready for the NYE party. So we took expres train back to KL Sentral then i continue to Rawang by MRT.


New Year Eve Dinner
With Paul
We had a great NYE dinner in Paul’s house with his friends and family, they cooked many delicious food. He also dropped me to the airport the next morning. He is nice yea?. From his place to the airport was like over an hour, and we left around 5 am. I was super sleepy and tired but felt so sad to leave. Everyone in KL was just so nice and i was so lucky to meet them all. And pretty sure i’llbe back to KL again, again and again \\(^o^)//

No comments:

Post a Comment