Sunday, August 19, 2018

Malang Trip Part IV


Coban Pelangi & Coban Bidadari


The original plan was to go to some beaches on my 4th day in Malang but i found it difficult cause as i heard the public transportation to go to beaches area is not so easy and i was not sure to drive motorbike by myself there so i kinda changed the plan to just stay at the dorm resting -,-

Especially after our 3rd day exploring Goa Tetes & Tumpak Sewu Waterfall and driving for 2 hours under the rain, i was pretty tired and thinking i maybe would just spend my time in my dorm room, besides i really like the dorm i stayed at. It’s called Pondok Backpacker and it costs Rp. 100,000 include breakfast, i chose the female only room. The location was good and it’s close to the Colorful Village and it’s easy to find food around. So i thought chilling there on my last day would be nice.



But then my friend who i went to Tumpak Sewu with asked if i wanna go somewhere that day, like Coban Pelangi or Coban Bidadari. Well i did plan to go there but then i deleted cause i thought i went to many waterfalls there already but i think again that i should go to see as many places as possible, who knows when i’ll be back to Malang, i guess not anytime soon. So i said yes to my friend then he picked me up and we drove for like over an hour to the mountain area and it was very cool. The view from up there was amazing along the way.

1st we got to Coban Pelangi, it’s precisely located in Gubukklakah Village, Poncokusumo District, Malang. Entrance ticket was Rp. 10,000/person plus Rp. 5,000 for motorbike. Coban Pelangi facilities are pretty complete, there are toilets, praying room, restaurants and flower garden. There was also a rainbow hill, where you can enjoy the waterfall view from the top of the cliff. From the parking lot to get to the waterfall we gotta walk down for like 1 km. Yea 1 km is not so far but the road was slippery and the slope reaches 45°, so it needs lots of energy to try not to fall. 
 


I tried to get the waterfall 1st before many other people behind me cause i wanted to take a good picture without any other people around and i did it. The waterfall was just amazing. It is around 30 m high and surrounded by this beautiful view of high and green cliffs. It’s called Pelangi which means rainbow cause around noon, visitors usually can see rainbow around the waterfall. I wasn’t lucky cause it was pretty cloudy that day L. But i felt like i didn’t wanna leave, the view was just perfect, if i had my hammock pretty sure i would just spend a night there :D

But even tho there are other spots to see in Coban Pelangi like Flower Garden or Rainbow Hill, i didn’t go to see any of it. And now as i’m writing this i’m thinking why i didn’t go to those spots....i don’t know...maybe cause it was pretty cloudy that day and we didn’t wanna drive under the rain anymore even tho we did it again anyway, and we still had to go Coban Bidadari. It is only 2 km away from Coban Pelangi. Next to the gate of Coban Bidadari is the gate to enter national park of Bromo Tengger Semeru, and now i’m thinking i should have gone to those places too -,-.


 
The opposite of what i did in Coban Pelangi, i didn’t go to the waterfall in Coban Bidadari. But there are so many photo spots with less people. I didn’t really have to wait to get to any photo spot. And they also have this Swing thing i like :D with a better view and it was soooo fun even tho i was also nervous about falling, but it also felt like flying. And the price was kinda up to us, they just prepare a box where visitors may put some money if they want to. My friend who voluntarily wanna be my photographer was even more excited to take my pictures. He asked me to go to every spots to take picture. But it was pretty dark and cloudy so i don’t think we got good pictures there. But it was still fun to be there. I was just not as good as other people in posing and stuff so i mostly took backshot pictures.


 
It was kinda rush cause we wanted to go back early so we could avoid the rain but nope we still got it and it was another drive back under the rain. I didn’t regret it tho, i’m happy that i went to those places. I got to see everything i wanted to see. Thanks to everyone i met and helped me during my trip. Thanks for being so helpful and welcoming. I got a chance to hang out at a cool cafe in the evening too. It was a fun trip and i already can’t wait to go back to Malang. Next plan is going to Bromo and Kawah Ijen <3


No comments:

Post a Comment