Monday, January 21, 2019

New Year Trip to Bali Part I



 Jimbaran & Nusa Dua




It’s been a half year since my last trip, many things going on lately that I had to focus on. But I finally had a week off for my new year vacation. After long consideration about where to go and how much money I had (most important issue), I decided to go to Bali…AGAIN! I’m gonna write about the trip in some parts and here is part I.

So yeah I’ve been to Bali many times but with all these domestic tickets prices are up, Bali is one of only few options that I could afford to fly to lol. But a good thing about Bali is it’s never boring, besides I wanted to check out some cute hostels there. So I flew to Bali on December 27th and on the 1st day I already started exploring around by going to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park in Ungasan with a friend.


I’ve actually been there before but they just finished building the new statue, Garuda Wisnu Kencana and it’s very huge. It’s 121 m high which makes it to be the 3rd highest statue in the world. The entrance fee is Rp. 80,000 for locals and Rp. 125,000 for foreigners (incl. 1 free drink). When we bought ticket, they would give us a bracelet as the entrance ticket. The park itself is very huge, it’s 60 hectares. Many spots and facilities that visitors can enjoy like statues, cultural performances, souvenir shop, etc.

Too bad that I didn’t know that we actually could enter the new huge statue, all I did was just taking pictures with the statue as background cause it seems far to go to and I didn’t even get a good picture -,-. The good thing is our Grab driver was very nice, he was very helpful that I immediately considered to hire him again for my next trip.




After spending only an hour in GWK, we went to Waterblow in Nusa Dua and yeah there I made a mistake. I’ve been there before too and that I could see the waterblow cause my friend checked the waterblow season 1st but this time I didn’t check so when we were there, there was just water no blow -,- and there was an Event too that made us paying Rp. 30,000/person. It was usually free to enter tho. So this time we paid entrance and we didn’t see waterblow. So we only stayed there for like 25 minutes that we spent 20 minutes of it to walk from parking to waterblow location and return. But it was still fun to spend half day going to those 2 places right after we got to Bali that day at noon. I went to those places before and this time I just wanted to re-visit it all again.

I don’t really have many cool pictures of my 1st day in Bali but it was pretty amazing. I didn’t expect much for that 1st day since I thought my flight would be delay that I prolly wouldn’t be able to do much but I managed to go to 2 places that I wrote on my itinerary so it was pretty satisfying




And here are expenses details from the 1st day :
Grab Rental 6 hours             : Rp. 420,000
Lunch                                   :  -
GWK entrance Fee               : Rp.   80,000
Waterblow Entrance Fee     : Rp.  30,000
Dinner                                  :  -
Hotel (Harris Tuban)           : Rp. 520,000

And here are the explanations lol. My original plan to go to Bali was on 28th but a friend of mine asked me to guide him around on 27th and in return he would pay for all the expenses that day. So I said yes and I didn’t spend any money at all that day, it was all on him.

Don’t forget to click on next articles to read more :P

No comments:

Post a Comment