Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sandro Pole Beach - Sumbawa

Photo by Yudi Rusdian
I don’t know why i never paid attention to Sandropole beach before even tho my friends mentioned about it several times. I guess its also cause i never really saw any pictures of it. But i’m glad that i finally went there and it is just another cool place in Sumbawa i wanna recommend.

Few weeks ago a friend forced me to go snorkeling to this beach and after asking so many questions about it i decided to join him. Located in Tanjung Menangis which is just like 20 minutes driving from Sumbawa Besar. We stopped at someone’s plantation area actually which is exactly in front of the beach so we walked along the shore and through the forest for about 20 minutes. I don’t know any other way to get there yet besides through this person’s plantation area. 



Kinda difficult to explain about the route or if i bring someone else there. When i went there we took time to find the right direction through those thorny plants that scratch our body along the way in the forest. I hope someone put some signs or maybe next time i go there, i’d love to do that.

When we finally found the place, i was like ‘how come i never came here before?’ :o From the cliff the view was so nice, the water was so clean that morning. It was just so peaceful, and again no other visitors which was really good, only 3 of us at that time. Then i climbed down the cliff and get to the beach. I love that it was just a small beach line surrounded by the cliff.



The underwater was even more beautiful, seriously!. So 3 of us were snorkeling while one of my friends always swimming next to me helping me with the float tube, we saw a baby shark swimming under us. I was stuck between excited and scared, so when my friend wanted to get closer to the shark, i said no cause i was lil bit scared, i was actually scared more if my friends left me alone with the float tube in the middle of the ocean instead of the baby shark. Since my friends were so nice so they didn’t chase the shark but staying with me instead, i knew that they kinda regret bringing me there tho -,-.

Photo by Ario Gundala
Photo by Ario Gundala
But i felt so itchy all over my body so i decided to stop snorkeling even tho i still wanted to explore more. I already annoyed my friends enough by always swimming by my side so i went back to the shore and 4 other friends already came to find us. We supposed to go together but they were late -,-.

Even tho i annoyed them so much but my friends still let me use their beautiful pictures of the beach and the underwater here on my blog tho. I actually have my own underwater camera but it was too difficult to bring everything in the water when i can’t even swim. So thanks for both of them for their beautiful pictures \\(^o^)//

Photo by Ario Gundala
Photo by Ario Gundala
I prolly will go there often from now on since it’s very close and pretty. It could be a perfect place for camping, well my friends did and they loved it. They even had Underwater flag ceremony there on Independence Day. Oh and i made a video of the beach, if you wanna see it, just click here . Enjoy it \\(^o^)//


No comments:

Post a Comment