Monday, January 21, 2019

New Year Trip to Bali Part II



 Uluwatu, Seminyak & Denpasar

 

Starting my 2nd day in Bali on December 28th, a Couchsurfing friend from The Philippines (Cess) just arrived in the morning and she would join me to go to some beaches in the south. Together with 2 other Couchsurfers from Mexico (Luis) & Malaysia (Prash) we started around 11 am to drive to our 1st destination that day, Uluwatu Temple. I stayed near Ngurah Rai Airport and from there it took like an hour to get to Uluwatu Temple, we stopped somewhere on the way to have early lunch.



Uluwatu Temple’s entrance fee was Rp. 30,000/person for both locals or foreigners. It was 4 us, total strangers who just met and decided to travel together but he had such a wonderful time. Luis knew more about Bali than anyone of us, even more than I am the Indonesian one. We walked around and took some cool pictures together. Uluwatu might be very good around sunset time but we were there at noon and it was kinda cloudy. We just walked around and take some cool pictures. The seaview from Uluwatu was so amazing, it was very humid and windy tho. There were some monkeys too and one of them took a visitor’s sunglasses, sad but it was entertaining to watch the guy trying to get it back from the monkey :D



Right next to Uluwatu temple was Suluban Beach. There were 2 entrances to enter the beach, one was to the beach and the other one was to see the Blue Point. Last time I came here I entered through Blue Point entrance and this time we entered through the other one where we had to pay Rp. 3,000 for motorbike parking. Btw that time when I was in Bali it was not really good weather, big waves and rains a lot. When we got to the beach the water was high and we couldn’t go that far to the ocean. It was raining so we couldn’t stay long and I didn’t really take good pictures there.


 

After Suluban Beach, Luis wanted to take us to Karma Beach which was in which was like 30 minutes away. He said it’s quiet and beautiful so we agreed to go there. Karma beach has free parking and there is a very nice resort there. Cess and I were taking pictures in front of the resort that we didn’t see which way Luis and Prash were going to so we just walked into the resort area to get to the beach and there was this hotel staff saying “Excuse me, if you wanna enter you gotta pay Rp. 600,000/person”. I was surprised lol it was a lot just to get into  a beach, but I said my friends were inside there and let me look for them 1stthen i just walked straight to the beach through hundreds of stairs. So there was actually a free entrance to get to the beach right in front of the resort that we didn’t see.



But anyway it was a very nice beach, it was very quiet and clean. When we arrived, there were only few people who prolly were the resort’s guests. But we got the area for ourselves and it was so nice. 3 friends went swimming to the ocean and I was just just there sitting on the sands and taking pictures since I can’t swim and I remember my mum kept telling me to stay away from the ocean :D. It was a bad season and it’s better to listen to mum :D. 


We got ready to leave around 6 pm and it needed a lot of efforts to climb up those hundred of stairs cause we had been climbing up and down a lot that day in every places we went to. Right after I got back to take my backpack in Harris Tuban Hotel, I moved to Seminyak and stayed at this nice hostel called M Box Seminyak, it costs Rp. 115,000 per night include breakfast. It is very good location and the doorm room was very clean and they have nice café with pool on 1st floor. 



I actually don’t really have any plan in Seminyak on my 3rd day, I just wanted to relax at hostel and walk around visiting some cool cafes. But then I made plan with some Couchsurfers to attend DenFest (Denpasar Festival) that I just found about. I activated my CS hangout about DenFest then suddenly over 10 CSers wanted to join too so yeah I spent my 3rd day going to the fest and that was all, I didn’t even walk around Seminyak and just stayed at hostel meeting friends.

and here are some expenses details of my 2nd & 3rd day in Bali :

No comments:

Post a Comment