Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Year Trip to Bali Part IV



New Year Eve at Kuta Beach




Finally the 5th day in Bali, it was basically the last fun day before going back to Sumbawa the next day. After Ubud, I took Grabbike to move to my next hostel in Legian. Why Legian? I knew it would be so crowded, I just wanted to be in a crowded place for once. It was New year eve anyway. 

So yea I stayed at this hostel called Kayun Downtown Hostel, it is right in the city center that I in purpose choose so that I didn’t have to take any transportation to go around. I just meant to walk around Legian and Kuta Street and go to beaches. Kuta beach was like 750 meters away from the hostel and 80 meters away from Ground Zero Memorial aaaand it is right next to Burger King which newly opened. 



So that day was mostly about meeting friends, Cess & I stayed at the female dorm in the hostel where we met the other friend who I met at DenFest few days before, we were all in the same dorm room. Around 4 pm we walked to Kuta Beach to meet my other friend from Sumbawa who works in Bali. We wanted to enjoy sunset but it was cloudy that we couldn’t really see the sun and it was too many people around so I didn’t feel like taking any pictures of the beach. We were just sitting there talking and drinking.



And I thought that day I would spend most money during the trip cause I was thinking to enter some cafes along the way. But actually we only entered a convenience store and buy a drink then just walked to Kuta Beach again to see fireworks. But there were million people in Legian, they all wanted to get to see fireworks too, it was so difficult to walk. We 3 girls gotta walk together not to lose each other. But we made it to the beach and there were too many people already. We just joined to sit somewhere near the beach and waiting for the fireworks.



It was weird to be around so many people to celebrate new year cause all these times I never really celebrated or even still awake after 10 pm on New Year Eve. Guess I just wanted to do something different this time. But it was actually quiet nice, but I expected something more. I expected there would be countdowns then people kiss or hug and say happy new year to each other but it was nothing. When fireworks ended, people started to go back. We said happy new year to some people but they didn’t even say it back.

 
Anyway we waited a lil bit until less people on the street, we waited like 2,5 hours tho. We arrived at hostel around 3 am, the other 2 girls still wanted to go to some bars but I gave up. I had flight a few hours so I just took shower, pack and went to bed at 4 am. It was a short sleep cause I had to wake up at 7 am. Luckily my friend pick me up at hostel and drop me to the airport. That’s another reason why I chose to stay in Legian cause it is close to the airport. I was rush to the airport just to find out that my next flight to Sumbawa is delay and that I had to stay for a night in Lombok. 


 But anyway it was still amazing, the trip was so much fun. I managed to go to all places I put on my itinerary. Those people I met, places I went to, hostels I stayed at and to celebrate NYE for the 1st time, I would love to do it again. Thanks to everyone who helped me during the trip, I enjoyed it a lot and hopefully to see u all again guys.
And here are the expenses details on 5th day :
5th Day
Dress in Art Market            : Rp.  50,000
Kayun Hostel                        : Rp. 100,000
Grabbike from Ubud            : Rp.  82,000
Lunch Burger King                : Rp.  50,000
HNY Headband                    : Rp.  25,000 
Drink                                   : Rp.  35,000
TOTAL                    : Rp. 342,000

So with my flight round trip ticket which was Rp. 1,460,000 so total expenses for this whole Bali trip was Rp. 3,060,000.


No comments:

Post a Comment