Monday, July 18, 2016

Long Weekend in Jogjakarta


May 5th – 8th was long weekend in Indonesia due to The Ascension of Jesus Christ and The Ascension of Prophet Mohammed and i decided to spend my 4 days vacation in Yogyakarta (often called ‘Jogja’), Central Java.


On Thursday morning (May 5th) at 6.20 am should be my 1st flight that day going to Lombok from Sumbawa, but it was delayed till 7.30 am, sucks huh but it wasn’t the only delay that day. My 2nd flight from Lombok to Bali was also delayed from 7.15 am to be 10.30 am. My 3rd flight from Bali to Jogja should be at 10.40 am but they left us L,,,so as their responsibility they found another flight for us which was at 2 pm and after another delay, i arrived in Jogja at 3 pm. Luckily i have some friends in Jogja who picked me up at the airport and took me around on my 1st day there.


I meant to go to some beaches and waterfalls on my 1st day but with those horrible delays my plans were messed up and ended up going to Malioboro Street as my 1st destination. It’s a major shopping street in Jogja. It was so crowded and they sell many souvenirs for cheap. I didn’t buy anything tho -,-. We jut went to eat and walked around a lil bit and i didn’t even take many pictures. It was so hot and many people around i was too lazy to take pictures and that i still felt annoyed by those flight delays.

After Malioboro we visited Tugu Jogja or Jogja Monument, a famous historical landmark of Jogja. So many people around just to take pictures or hang out there and i met some fake ghosts too -,-. Btw i still didn’t know where to stay that night :D but luckily my friend’s gf offered me to stay with her, thanks to her.


The next day i woke up early and walked around a lil bit and then decided to cut my hair and then went to Prambanan Temple. It took about 1,5 hours to reach the place due to terrible traffic which should just be 30 minutes driving. Prambanan Temple itself is an ancient Hindu Temple, the biggest Hindu temple in Southeast Asia and one of the most touristic spots in Jogja, even tho some buildings were broken due to earthquake and volcano eruptions but it still attracts so many people to visit it. The entrance ticket is Rp. 30.000 for locals and not sure how much for foreigners........

Cause it was too many people there and it was so hot, i just walked around a lil bit and took pictures. The pictures i took were not that good and on most pictures i always do selfie so sorry if you have to see my face too instead of the place in almost every pictures i took.



In the evening i decided to go to Cinema to watch Civil War. We don’t have Cinema in Sumbawa so it was my 1st time going to Cinema, that’s lame but yea,,true. Rp. 75.000 or equal US$ 6 for VIP room.


The next day i went to Borobudur Temple. This one was one of my main destinations. Borobudur is a famous Buddhist Temple from the 9th centuries and one of UNESCO World Heritages. It was a perfect place to naturally and spiritually enjoy history and culture. The entrance ticket was Rp. 30.000 or equal USD 2,5 per person for locals and it was so crowded. Outside the temple area there are so many souvenirs shops selling keychains, necklaces, dresses, shirts and blabla but i didn’t buy anything.




After Borobudur i went back to Malioboro again. Decided to buy some cute necklaces there and i found some. The price was very cheap but again, tooo many people so after bought some things i went back to hotel.

Next morning i gotta go back to Sumbawa but i’m sure you don’t wanna hear about my flight delays again but it was another delays going back to Sumbawa, so i’m gonna skip this part.


Didn’t go to many places as i expected in Jogja but it was still awesome, i guess i gotta find time in low season. Jogja has many nice beaches and waterfalls and that’s where i wanna go, so from now on saving money for another trip to Jogja one day. And i wanna thank everyone who helped me during my trip to Jogja, you guys are amazing J


No comments:

Post a Comment